We would like to ensure that all visitors to homeserveheating.co.uk (the “Website”) understand exactly what cookies are used to run the Website and how these affect you as a visitor to the Website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is stored by your internet browser when you visit a website. Cookies are generally used to find out about and monitor your browsing preferences and activity. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations based on your previous visits to the Website.
As you browse the Website, cookies are used to differentiate you from other users in order to prevent you from having to log in more than is necessary for security or to display advertisements that you may be interested in. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server's log files, allow us to calculate browsing habits, the aggregate number of people visiting the Website and which parts of the Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order to constantly improve the Website and better serve our users and customers. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you.
To provide visitors to the Website with the best experience, we use a range of cookies including:
1. Site Analytics - We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of the Website. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the Website and to compile statistical reports on Website activity.
2. Google AdWords Remarketing – We use the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to the Website. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who have not completed a task on the Website. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
3. Session Cookies - We use session cookies, which are temporary cookies that aid the user journey around the Website, and will remember preferences you have selected during the session. These cookies are deleted as soon as you leave the Website.
4. Template preference cookies – These cookies are necessary for mobile sites and enable the Website to look and feel the way it is intended to.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which webpages on the Website are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve the Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
Our Website utilises Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting meaning these cookies also will be used to track our users' interests and demographics. The collected data is used to gain insights about our customers and their usage of the Website.
Cookies and your privacy
Your Cookie Preferences
This page shows you how to manage your cookie preferences by altering the browser settings for some of the most common browsers. You can use the table below to identify your internet browser, then follow the instructions to alter your cookie preferences. For browsers not listed in the table below, we recommend that you refer to the 'help' menu in your chosen browser.
Please be aware that:
- You will need to alter your cookie settings for each type of browser and device which you use to browse homeserveheating.co.uk (the “Website”).
- By removing certain kinds of cookies, you may miss out on future offers and advertisements from homeserveheating.co.uk that may be of interest to you.
- You may not be able to use all of the features on the Website if cookies are disabled.
Editing your Google Chrome cookie preferences
- Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar
- Select 'Settings'
- Click 'Show advanced settings'
- In the 'Privacy' section, click the 'Content settings' button
- In the 'Cookies' section, you can; delete cookies; block cookies by default; allow cookies by default; and make exceptions from specific cookies or domains
Editing your Firefox cookie preferences
- From the 'Tools' menu select 'Preferences'
- Select the 'Privacy' tab
- Select the 'Cookies' option if available, otherwise select 'Use custom settings for history' from the 'Firefox will' drop down menu
- Choose your preferred cookie settings
Editing your Internet Explorer 7+ cookie preferences
- From the 'Tools' menu, click 'Internet options'
- Select the 'Privacy' tab
- Move the slider to your preferred level of privacy
- For more detailed cookie options, click on 'Advanced' and check the 'Override automatic cookie handling' box, then modify your settings