Everything you need to know about Alpha boilers
Alpha is a domestic heating brand that has been supplying homeowners with high-quality, energy-efficient products for the past 50 years. A popular brand within the industry, this boiler business prides itself on traditional values and is heavily influenced by an ethos that aims to put customers first.
If you’re looking for a system designed to be high-quality and energy-efficient, an Alpha boiler could be the best solution for you. HomeServe could provide you with a suitable Alpha boiler for your home at a competitive price, along with a friendly and dependable service.
Try our online free quote tool to find out how much it could cost to get an Alpha boiler installed into your home. It could only take 30 seconds!
On this page we offer a comprehensive look at Alpha boilers, find out more about:
- Why choose Alpha
- Boiler types
- Popular models
- Install cost
- Boiler range
- Which boiler do I need?
- Service & repair
Why Choose Alpha?
Alpha aims to manufacture their heating products with values of innovation, efficiency and customer service at the forefront of their minds. They aim to design their products to meet and exceed customer needs for years to come and the business aims to ensure that all their products evolve and progress at a rate that corresponds with the demands of their UK market.
Customer satisfaction is paramount to this company. They seek to maintain a winning culture within the business which is reliant upon their customers being happy with both their products and their services. If you decide to get an Alpha boiler installed into your home, you could be making a choice that will benefit you and your family for years to come.
Alpha Boiler Types
Alpha supplies a range of boilers of all different types in order to cater to a wide variety of customers with different requirements and households. Here at HomeServe, we aim to provide you with the best boiler system for your home, so whether you’re in need of an Alpha regular boiler, combi or system boiler, you can rest assured that we are committed to provide you with exactly what you need. Alpha manufactures a unique range of boilers, this includes:
- Regular boilers – Regular boilers, often also referred to as conventional or traditional boilers, provide heating and hot water through the use of an additional hot-water cylinder and cold-water tank; they’re typically ideal for households that already have a traditional form of central heating. These Alpha boilers are usually ideal for most homes that have two or more bathrooms or a high demand for hot water. The CDR range is a popular set of Alpha regular boilers.
- Combi boilers – Alpha’s combi or combination boilers tend to be a popular choice for homeowners. These efficient boiler systems could provide your home with both heating and instantaneous hot water without the need for any additional components. These compact systems are typically an ideal choice for most small to medium sized households with one bathroom or an average demand for hot water. Alpha combi boiler models include Intec2 CE, E-Tec, and Evoke.
- System boilers – The system boilers manufactured by Alpha are designed to be effective sources of heating and hot water. These boilers require an additional hot-water cylinder and are able to deliver hot water to multiple taps simultaneously. Alpha system boilers could be an ideal choice for your home particularly if you have two or more bathrooms and a high demand for hot water. Models include to Intec2 SE and Protec Plus system boilers.
Most Popular Alpha Boilers
Alpha manufacture their boilers with the aim of meeting their customers needs regardless of what they may be. Here at HomeServe, we possess the skills and expertise required in order to help you select the best boiler for your home. Here’s some the popular boiler models that we install from the Alpha brand:
1. Alpha Intec2 Combi Boiler 28XE
- Compact build
- 5-star efficiency rating
- Backlit LCD with push button controls
- 712mm x 440mm x 276mm (height x width x depth)
- A typically ideal choice for small/medium sized households with one bathroom or an average demand for hot water.
2. Alpha Intec Combi Boiler 30CE
- Designed to have quicker warm-up and improved circulation
- Designed to have advanced combustion management
- Compact size and layout
- 712mm x 440mm x 276mm (height x width x depth)
- Typically best suited for small/medium sized households with one bathroom or an average demand for hot water.
3. Alpha InTec2 Combi Boiler 25XE
- Combined condensate and pressure relief valve connection
- Frost protection and daily pump kick
- 5-star efficiency rating
- 712mm x 440mm x 276mm (height x width x depth)
- A typically suitable choice for small/medium sized households with one bathroom or an average demand for hot water.
Cost of installing an Alpha boiler
The cost of installing a new Alpha boiler system into your home can vary. Pricing tends to be dependant on a number of factors including the model of the boiler you select, its size and any additional parts and labour costs that could be incurred (such as pipework or scaffolding).
Although the cost of your new installation may seem expensive at first glance, it is key to remember that you are paying for the quality of your home heating, something that could significantly impact your levels of comfort whilst at home. The right boiler could also make a substantial difference to your home and your energy bills**. Furthermore, it is important that you ensure that your new Alpha installation is conducted by a trained, Gas Safe engineer who will be able to complete the job to a high standard; you can find such expert engineers at HomeServe.
If you’d like to get a personalised estimate of how much your new Alpha boiler installation could cost, why not try our free online quote tool? This service aims to consider your needs, budget and lifestyle in order to provide you with a realistic quote of the cost of a suitable boiler for your home.
Alpha Boiler Range
Alpha manufactures a variety of boiler ranges that are available in a number of sizes to suit most homes. These include:
- Alpha Intec (Intec2 CE, Intec2 C, Intec2 XE, Intec GS) – These ranges of combi boilers all provide effective central heating and on-demand hot water. Each model has unique features with the Intec GS being designed with a built-in GasSaver unit and the Intec C featuring a seasonality valve allowing it to automatically maintain set hot water temperatures for both summer and winter.
- CDR This range of regular boilers is described by its manufacturers as efficient and reliable. With a SEDBUK band A efficiency rating, these boilers could provide your household with a more effective source of heating and hot water; potentially reducing energy wastage and lowering your annual energy bills!**
- Eco2 Plus This range of combi boilers is designed with the safety of the environment in mind. Its advanced combustion management aims to provide continuous control over the gas flow; potentially enhancing energy efficiency.
- E-Tec This range is Alpha’s newest addition to their variety of combi boilers and is designed with a stainless-steel heat exchanger. Alpha describes this range as one of their most compact set of combi boilers, making them a potentially easy fit into standard kitchen cupboards.
- Evoke Like the E-Tec range, these combi boilers are recognised for their compact build. With features such as its clip-on DHW temperature sensor, these boilers could be a great choice for homeowners that want to have added control over their heating system.
- Protec Plus This range of system boilers is designed for larger output requirements and are suitable for both single unit and cascade installations. They were also designed to allow flexible siting and are available for both natural gas and LPG fuel types.
- Intec2 SE This range of system boilers features advanced functions which are designed to provide you with an energy-efficient method of heating your home. Designed to have quicker warm-up times and enhance circulation throughout its system, Alpha prioritised both efficiency and ease-of-use with this set of boilers.
Which Alpha boiler do I need in my home?
It can be tough to make a decision about which Alpha boiler is best suited for your home. A boiler is often referred to as the heart of your heating system as it is an essential element of your household, providing you with both heating and hot water. When taking into consideration the range of boilers that are on offer from the Alpha brand, it wouldn’t be surprising for you to find making a decision difficult. Here at HomeServe, we’re dedicated to helping you make the right choice for your home, so don’t hesitate to contact us, we’d be more than happy to help.
There are several factors that you should consider when making a decision about which boiler would work well within your household. These include your budget, your average hot water and heating usage as well as the space available in your home. You must also ensure that you consider the kW output required for your household. This refers to the boiler’s ability to cope with your heating and hot water demands and tends to be reliant on the number of bathrooms and radiators that are present within the property. For example, a boiler with a high kW output is more likely to be able to deal with a higher demand for hot water and heat.
Here’s an estimated guide of kW outputs to help you determine the type of Alpha boiler that could be suitable for your home:
- 24-27kW: 1-2 bedroom, 10 radiators, 1 bathroom
- 28-34kW: 3-4 bedroom, 15 radiators, 1-2 bathroom
- 35-42kW 4+ bedroom, 20 radiators, 2+ bathroom
(This information has been supplied By Help-Link UK limited and has been produced for information purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as a substitute for professional advice by a suitably qualified engineer.)
A warranty could provide you with added peace of mind in knowing that your boiler is potentially covered against a number of faults and issues. Alpha provides their customers with a boiler warranty of up to 7 years on a selected range of models, which means your boiler should be protected in the case of a breakdown or fault***. Please ask a representative for further details.
Contact us if you’d like to receive more information about the manufacturer-backed warranties available with Alpha boiler systems.
Alpha service & repairs
We recommend that you organise for your boiler system to get serviced annually in order to ensure that it is in full working order. This could tackle any potential faults with your boiler and could also prolong its working life. A yearly service could also help keep your boiler’s warranty validated***. One of our highly trained, Gas Safe registered engineers could provide you with a full and thorough boiler service, conducting rigorous tests and aiming to help prevent any future complications.
Our expert engineers also possess the knowledge and skills needed to rectify a number of boiler problems; this includes issues such as kettling, leaks and faulty pilot lights. Regardless of what your issue may be, rest assured that HomeServe will aim to provide you with the assistance that you need.
*5% online discount is available to domestic gas and LPG customers who receive an online quote for all boiler brands. £50 additional discount available on all like-for-like system swaps excluding Ideal Logic HE24 and HE30 boilers & Ideal Logic HO12 & HO15 boilers and an additional £100 discount is available on conventional to combi, and combi to conventional boiler swaps. Online discounted price is only available for the duration of the 14-day quote validity which starts from the day the quote was given. HomeServe include a filter as part of your quote as this is highly recommended by the boiler manufacturer as a key component in maintaining boiler health, functionality and may potentially be looked upon favourably by manufacturers when assessing warranty work. This filter can be removed at the customer’s request. Quote also includes a Honeywell CM727 programmable thermostat for all combi boiler installations as this is a legal requirement as part of the Boiler + legislation introduced 6th April 2018, and cannot be removed from the installation unless; it is replaced with an alternative smart thermostat; or another energy saving measure as listed in the Boiler + legislation or if an smart thermostat already exists within the property. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. HomeServe have the right to withdraw or change the offer at any time. Online discount is automatically applied when the customer gets a quote using the online quote system at www.homeserveboilers.com and as long as the customer meets all the above criteria.
*** Subject to an annual service at the customer's expense. 10-year warranty option only available on Worcester Bosch and Ideal gas boilers.