New Worcester Bosch Boiler Installation: replacement, cost & deals
Originally founded in 1962, this boiler manufacturer is committed to producing products of the highest standard. With over 50 years of industry experience, Worcester Bosch boilers have become a popular feature in many homes across the UK, providing households with effective and efficient heating.
Installing a Worcester Bosch boiler into your home could significantly improve your household heating. They have a reputation for providing premium quality, reliable products and are in high favour with customers across the country, with their Greenstar range being deemed a Which? Best Buy on multiple occasions. There is an extensive range of products available for properties of all shapes and sizes, so you’re quite likely to find a suitable option for your home. Try our free quote tool to get an idea of Worcester Bosch prices.
On this page we offer a comprehensive look at Worcester Bosch boilers, find out more about:
- Why choose Worcester Bosch
- Boiler types
- Popular models
- Install cost
- Boiler range
- Which boiler do I need?
- Service & repair
Why choose Worcester Bosch?
A Worcester Bosch boiler is a great addition to any household. Branded as “The UK’s most loved boiler brand,” Worcester boilers are manufactured with safety, energy-efficiency and reliability in mind. These boilers are designed and developed with exacting standards, making them a potential great fit for a variety of households ranging from small one-beds to grand mansions; with Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate being one of the many properties that have one of these efficient boilers installed. Worcester boilers have the following main qualities:
- Energy-efficiency – Bosch boilers are renowned for their energy-efficiency. With a Which? 5-star energy-efficiency score, these A-rated boilers produce water vapour condensation to extract as much heat from the fuel as possible, enabling homeowners to potentially reduce their household energy usage.
- High quality products – Worcester Bosch has an overall brand score of 92% and according to Which? their boilers receive top scores for customer reviews, reliability and quality. This makes them a top-rated brand and a popular choice for homeowners planning a new boiler installation.
- Cost-effectiveness – By potentially lowering your energy usage, Worcester Bosch boilers could help you to save on your energy bill!**
Worcester Bosch boiler types
Worcester Bosch produce a range of boiler types that are available in a number of shapes, sizes and fuel options. From combi, system, and regular boilers, to oil and gas boiler systems, no matter your preference, we’ll aim to make sure that you find the perfect Worcester Bosch boiler for your home.
- Combi boilers – Combi boilers are becoming an increasingly popular choice for households in the UK. This is not surprising considering the quality of the combi boilers being produced by brands such as Worcester Bosch. Worcester Bosch pride themselves on building their combi boilers to high standards, they manufacture them with a variety of both hot water and central heating features. These compact boilers could be an ideal option for most small to medium homes with one bathroom or an average demand for hot water, providing them with instantaneous heat and effective central heating. The Worcester Bosch Greenstar I range is one of the brand’s top-selling choice of combi boilers†.
- Regular/conventional boilers – The conventional boilers manufactured by Worcester Bosch could be an ideal choice for most households that have two or more bathrooms or a high demand for hot water. These boilers require a separate hot-water cylinder and a cold-water tank, so are usually easier to install in homes that already have a traditional style of central heating. Once again, the Worcester Greenstar range features the most popular choice of conventional boilers; the Greenstar CDi Classic Regular is frequently our top selling Bosch Boiler†.
- System boilers – Worcester Bosch supply a range of efficient system boilers that are designed to be easy to install and use. These boilers could be an ideal choice for households with more than one bathroom or a high demand for hot-water, as they have the ability to provide hot water to multiple taps simultaneously. Worcester Bosch system boilers require a hot-water cylinder, but there is no need for an additional cold-water tank, thus providing homeowners with an opportunity to save space.
Top Worcester Bosch boilers
Worcester Bosch have such a varied range of boilers on offer that making a choice about which is best for your home can be tough. To help you make your choice, here’s a list of our top 4 selling boilers from Worcester Bosch†:
Worcester Greenstar 15 RI Regular Boiler ERP
- Compact dimensions – could be fitted into a kitchen cupboard
- Built-in temperature control
- Typically ideal for most small properties with low heating and hot water requirements
- Low NOx and CO2 emissions
Worcester Greenstar 18RI Regular Boiler ERP
- Typically easy to install
- Eco-friendly - Low NOx and CO2 emissions
- Best suited for most small properties with low heating and hot water requirements
- Compact dimensions
Worcester Greenstar 25I Combi NG ERP
- Low lift weight
- Plug & play accessories (optional facia mounted controls and weather sensor)
- Typically an ideal choice for most small to medium sized properties with approximately 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom
- Compact dimensions
Worcester Greenstar 30I Combi NG ERP
- Built in LCD display for current operation status and fault diagnosis
- Typically a great choice for most small to medium homes with a higher demand for hot water
- Compact dimensions
- CondenseSure style syphon inside-designed to eliminate the risk of condensate pipe freezing
Cost of installing a Worcester Bosch boiler
The cost of getting a new Worcester Bosch boiler installed into your home is dependent on several factors. This could include but is not limited to: the model of the boiler, its size as well as any additional parts and labour required such as pipework.
When considering the overall cost of your new installation, it is important to remember that you are paying for the quality of your home heating. A Homeserve Gas safe registered engineer could provide you with a first-class installation service and a product that will deliver quality heating to your home.
To get a better idea of how much it could cost to have one of Worcester Bosch’s high-quality, efficient boilers installed into your home, try our free online quote tool today.
Worcester Bosch boiler range
Worcester Bosch manufacture a variety of A-rated gas & oil-fuelled boiler ranges. Here at HomeServe Heating, we install a number of these ranges into homes across the UK. These include:
- The Greenstar i Series – These boilers are typically ideal for smaller properties with one bathroom and a lower demand for hot water and heating. This boiler range replaced the predecessor range of i Junior series boilers in May 2015 and feature a user-friendly control panel that allows you to adjust your heating and hot water to your needs. Other features include a low-energy pump and a “Condensesure Siphon” to help prevent condensate pipe freezing.
- The Greenstar Si Compact These boilers are a typically popular choice for small to mid-sized households with one bathroom and are designed to be easily fitted into a kitchen cupboard. Their user-friendly display is designed for easy use and hot water levels can be easily adjusted to fine tune settings to your comfort. Frost protection is also a feature, which could reduce the risk of frost should you choose to have the boiler installed in your garage or loft.
- The Greenstar CDi Compact Much like the Si range, the CDi range is a compact set of boilers that have been designed to fit easily within cupboard spacing. Irrespective of their compact size, the CDi Compact range are a typically powerful set of boilers that are typically well suited for medium to large properties with one or two bathrooms. Their key features include boiler controls with clear temperature display and a wide choice of functions that are designed for greater comfort and economy.
- The Greenstar CDi Classic This range boasts a high central heating output and tends to be mostly suited to homes with one or two bathrooms. This boiler is recognised for its ease of installation, advanced features and future-proof technology. Key features include an inbuilt keyless filling link to make it easy for you to refill your system and a low energy pump to reduce electrical usage.
Which Worcester Bosch boiler do I need in my home?
Selecting the right boiler system for your home can be a daunting task. Your boiler can be an essential component to your household, providing you with comfortable heat and instantaneous hot water. With such a wide variety of boilers on offer from the Worcester Bosch range, it can be tough to decide which one could be the best choice for your home.
Here at HomeServe Heating, we’re always here to help you make the right choice and it helps that we are accredited Worcester Bosch boiler installers. We stock and install a range of products from this brand and we are ready and willing to answer any of your questions. Whether you’re unsure about choosing a Worcester combi or a Worcester regular boiler, we’re committed to helping you make the best choice for you and your family. Once you’ve filled in one of our online quote forms, we can arrange for one of our trained surveyors to visit your home and help you choose a suitable boiler system.
One important factor that you must bear in mind when selecting a new boiler is the kW output that is required for your household. The kW output refers to the boiler’s capability to provide heat and hot water and the power needed for your particular property will largely depend on the number of bathrooms and radiators you have. Generally, the higher the kW output of the boiler, the more demand it can cope with; so, if you have a large household with multiple bathrooms you’re likely to need a boiler that has a higher kW output.
Here’s an estimated guide of kW outputs to help you determine the type of Worcester Bosch boiler that would be suitable for your home:
- 24-27kW: 1-2 bedroom, 10 radiators, 1 bathroom
- 28-34kW: 3-4 bedroom, 15 radiators, 1-2 bathroom
- 35-42kW 4+ bedroom, 20 radiators, 2+ bathroom
(This information has been supplied By Help-Link UK limited and has been produced for information purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as a substitute for professional advice by a suitably qualified engineer.)
Worcester Bosch warranty
All Worcester Bosch boilers come with a standard 5-year manufacturer-backed warranty. As a Worcester Bosch accredited installer, we could extend this warranty to 10 years for an additional price upon purchase***. A valid warranty could help to cover the cost of repairs in the instance that your boiler breaks downs or incurs an internal fault, providing you with added peace of mind. By selecting us to install your new Worcester Bosch boiler, with an extended manufacturer-backed warranty, you could have peace of mind knowing that your boiler has been installed to an excellent standard and that future problems could be rectified by the manufacturer should they arise.
Worcester Bosch service & repairs
If you ever face any problems with your Worcester Bosch boiler, our team are here to help. We provide assistance to homeowners across the UK with boiler issues ranging from kettling to defective pilot lights, so rest assured that we have the technical knowledge and expertise to come to your aid.
We also recommend that you get your boiler serviced annually to help ensure that is working effectively and to tackle any abnormalities that could cause future complications. We can provide you with a thorough and specialised annual boiler service that could help prolong the life of your boiler system. Yearly services are often required by manufacturers as part of the warranty. We recommend getting your boiler serviced in the summer so that it is fully functioning and well for the winter when you need it the most.
Our call centre team are on hand to help you with any situation, urgent or not. If you’re having any issues at all with your Worcester Bosch boiler, you can call us on 0808 301 4247 or contact us online, we’ll arrange for an engineer to come out to you as soon as possible.
*Online discount is available to domestic gas and LPG customers who receive an online quote for all boiler brands excluding Ideal Logic HO18 & HO24 & like-for-like system swaps on the Ideal Logic HE24 and HE30, and Ideal Logic HO12 & HO15 boilers. Discount will be applied as long as the quoted price is still applicable at the point of sale. Online discounted price is only available for the duration of the 14-day quote validity which starts from the day the quote was given. Offer is not available to HomeServe Heating Services UK Ltd employees. | All boiler manufacturer types on like-for-like system swaps excluding the following boilers: Ideal Logic HE24 & HE30, Ideal Logic HO12, HO15, HO18 & HO24 are eligible for a £50 discount and then 5% discount off the final quoted price. Conventional to combi boiler swaps also qualify for an additional £100 discount after 5% initial discount is applied. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. HomeServe Heating Services UK Ltd have the right to withdraw or change the offer at any time. Online discount is automatically applied when the customer gets a quote using the online quote system at www.HomeServeboilers.com and as long as the customer meets all the above criteria.
** Source: energysavingtrust.org.uk. Saving calculated when replacing G rated with A rated boiler in a semi-detached house.
*** Subject to an annual service at the customer's expense. 10-year warranty option only available on Worcester Bosch and Ideal gas boilers.
† This data reflects Help-Link’s boiler purchases from July/2016-July/2017