New System Boiler Installation
System boilers (also known as sealed-system boilers) are generally suitable for a variety of homes, particularly those that have more than an average demand for hot water. These boilers are manufactured to provide both heating and hot-water with the use of an additional storage cylinder.
If you’re looking for a system boiler installation for your home, we aim to supply a diverse range of high-quality products from some of the industry’s leading brands. Get in touch and we’ll aim to help you find a suitable option.
Looking for system boiler prices? Our free online quote tool could provide you with a personalised estimate for your new system boiler installation in as little as 30 seconds.
- How does it work?
- Why choose a system boiler?
- Popular system boiler brands
- Popular system boilers
- Cost of a system boiler
- Which system boiler do I need for my home?
How Does A System Boiler Work?
What is a system boiler? A system boiler sends heat directly to your radiators whilst storing hot-water in a cylinder which is ready to supply when you turn on a tap. Unlike conventional boilers, cold-water tanks aren’t required with system boilers as the major central heating components are already built into the boiler.
Why Choose A System Boiler?
There could be many advantages of a system boiler installation into your home. We install boilers by renowned manufacturers such as Worcester Bosch and Ideal who design their products with the aim to meet the exacting requirements of homeowners like you. Benefits of installing system boilers could include:
Designed to be compact in size
No cold-water storage tank is required which means that it could take up less space than a conventional boiler. If space is particularly limited in your home, you could also consider installing a combi boiler, as they typically don’t require any additional components at all. Find out more about combi boilers here.
Potentially quick and easy to install
As the main components of system boilers are already built in, they are generally quick and easy to install.
Designed to be economical to run
A new system boiler installation could help to lower your energy bills as hot water is pumped through the radiators and the hot-water cylinder, which in turn delivers a faster, more economical response**.
Designed to provide a constant hot-water supply to multiple taps
System boilers are manufactured to prevent you from having limitations on your hot-water. You could potentially run multiple taps simultaneously with no restraints.
Popular System Boiler Brands
We aim to supply you with a top-quality boiler from a reputable brands to help ensure that the boiler that you choose is able to meet your needs effectively and efficiently.
Here are some of our top brands:
This brand is amongst the leading domestic heating manufacturers in the country.
- Products rated Which? Best Buys
- Boilers designed to be premium quality
- Design boilers to be energy-efficient
- Find out more about Worcester Bosch
Founded in 1906, this brand manufactures their boilers with quality, innovation and reliability in mind.
- Over 100 years of industry experience
- Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended
- Company vision of ultimate customer satisfaction
- Find out more about Ideal
Part of BDR Therma, this West Midlands boiler brand has been active for well over a century.
- Aims to manufacture boilers that are quick and easy to use
- Over a century’s worth of industry experience
- Award-winning customer support
- Find out more about Baxi
Known for being one of the pioneers of the combi boiler, Vaillant has spent the last 140 years striving to manufacture boilers that could meet homeowners’ needs.
- Extensive Industry Experience
- Aims to manufacture innovative products
- Manufactures boilers with energy-efficiency in mind
- Find out more about Vaillant
This brand has bases across the UK and Ireland and has been striving o manufacture top-quality boilers for over 30 years.
- Prioritises innovation, reliability and ease of use
- H & V News Award Nominated for Domestic Heating Product of the Year
- Aims to deliver quality home heating solutions
- Find out more about Vokera
Most Popular System Boilers
It can be difficult to decide which boiler is suitable for your home. To help with your decision, here’s a list of what we believe to be our top 4 selling system boilers:
1. Worcester Greenstar 24i System
- A part of the range described as Worcester Bosch’s most popular set of system boilers
- Manufactured with a low energy pump designed to reduces electrical usage
- Clear information display
- 710mm x 400mm x 330mm (height x width x depth)
- A typically suitable choice for most homes with 1-2 bedrooms, 10 radiators and an average to high demand for hot-water.
2. Worcester Greenstar 18i System
- A-rated for efficiency
- Designed to have simple boiler controls
- 5-year standard warranty
- 710mm x 400mm x 330mm (height x width x depth)
- A typically suitable choice for most smaller homes with an average demand for hot-water.
3. Ideal Logic System S24
- Designed with an easy to use pressure gauge
- Manufactured to be compact in size
- Designed to be fully modulating option
- 700mm x 395mm x 278mm (height x width x depth)
- A typically suitable option for most homes with 1-2 bedrooms, 10 radiators and an average to high demand for hot-water
4. Worcester Greenstar 27I System
- Designed to have simple boiler controls
- Manufactured to have user-friendly displays
- Designed to have compact dimensions
- 690mm x 390mm x 280mm (height x width x depth)
- A typically suitable boiler for most homes with 1-2 bedrooms, 10 radiators and an average to high demand for hot-water
Cost of a System Boiler Installation
If you’re considering getting a system boiler installed, one of the main questions on your mind is likely to be how much it will cost. System boiler prices can vary and tend to be reliant on factors such as the brand and model selected, the boiler’s size and any additional parts or labour required for the installation.
Boiler installations can be expensive, but a boiler that has the potential to effectively meet your needs could be well worth the price; a new A-rated energy efficient boiler could save you up to £200 a year on your energy bills**. Here at HomeServe, we aim to help customers like you find a top-quality, energy-efficient boiler at a competitive price, so you could rest assured that we’ll aim to help you get value for your money.
We could provide you with a quote online quickly and easily. Simply answer a few questions about your home and within as little as 30 seconds you could receive a free, no obligation quote for your new boiler installation.
Which System Boiler Do I Need In My Home?
We supply a range of different system boilers, all varying in size, model and brand to suit a diverse range of households. Due to the large number of boilers we have on offer, it could be tough to decide which product is best for your home and needs. Our team of skilled advisors aim to help customers in need by providing them with knowledgeable advice and recommendations to make their decision as easy as possible.
When deciding on your boiler, we recommend considering your average heating and hot-water usage, your budget and the space that’s available in your home. You should also think about the kW output that is likely to be suitable for your home. A kW output indicates a boiler’s ability to cope with your heating and hot-water demands and the number required for your household is likely to depend on the number of bathrooms and radiators that are present in your home.
The following table could help you choose a suitable kW output for your home:
|12-15 KW||1-3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom|
|18-24 kW||3-4 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms|
|30kW +||4 or more bedrooms, 2+ bathrooms|
(This information has been supplied By Help-Link UK limited and has been produced for information purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as a substitute for professional advice by a suitably qualified engineer.)
To find out how much a new system boiler installation could cost, get a quote online. Alternatively, if you’d like to discuss your options in more detail with one of our friendly advisors, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
*5% online discount is available to domestic gas and LPG customers who receive an online quote for all boiler brands. £50 additional discount available on all like-for-like system swaps excluding Ideal Logic HE24 and HE30 boilers & Ideal Logic HO12 & HO15 boilers and an additional £100 discount is available on conventional to combi, and combi to conventional boiler swaps. Online discounted price is only available for the duration of the 14-day quote validity which starts from the day the quote was given. HomeServe include a filter as part of your quote as this is highly recommended by the boiler manufacturer as a key component in maintaining boiler health, functionality and may potentially be looked upon favourably by manufacturers when assessing warranty work. This filter can be removed at the customer’s request. Quote also includes a Honeywell CM727 programmable thermostat for all combi boiler installations as this is a legal requirement as part of the Boiler + legislation introduced 6th April 2018, and cannot be removed from the installation unless; it is replaced with an alternative smart thermostat; or another energy saving measure as listed in the Boiler + legislation or if an smart thermostat already exists within the property. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. HomeServe have the right to withdraw or change the offer at any time. Online discount is automatically applied when the customer gets a quote using the online quote system at www.homeserveboilers.com and as long as the customer meets all the above criteria.