Helping you to save money on your annual heating bills and ensure your central heating system’s efficiency, here are five basic boiler facts every homeowner should know:
1. Upgrading your boiler could save you hundreds of pounds
According to The Energy Saving Trust, a new, energy efficient boiler with a full set of heating controls could save you around £300 a year in heating costs.
2. Controling the temperature could slash your bills
Turning down your thermostat by as little as one degree could reduce your heating bills by almost 10 per cent.
3. Ensuring the right pressure will increase efficiency
Your boiler pressure gauge should measure between 1-1.5 bar. Too little pressure will lead to inefficiency and high energy bills.
4. The stronger the flame the better the burn
The flame in your boiler should be a strong, clear blue. If it appears yellow, orange or hazy it may be a sign of the fuel burning incorrectly and the presence of carbon monoxide.
5. Inefficiency costs more in the long run
Around 55% of what you spend on energy bills annually can be attributed to the efficiency of your boiler, so it’s important to invest in the most efficient boiler within your budget.