Renewable technologies, also known as ‘low-carbon technologies’, give homeowners the opportunity to generate their own energy.
What is renewable energy?
Renewable energy is the term given to energy from any source that is naturally replenished when used. The main sources of domestic renewable energy are:
- Heat from the earth, the air or water sources
- Plants grown for fuel (biomass or biofuels)
- Water (hydro), and wind
What are the benefits of renewable energy sources?
Used primarily to produce electricity or to generate heat, there are several advantages of renewable energy:
- Saving money on heating bills
- Potential to earn money through the Government’s Feed-In Tariffs scheme
- Reducing your dependence on non-renewable energy
- Reducing your carbon footprint by lowering carbon dioxide emissions and other greenhouse gases